CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOG LAYOUTS, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Wednesday, August 20, 2008

Spokane to Sandpoint

We had a crazy weekend! It's taken me half the week to recover. Here are some pictures to prove it happened. It all seems like a fog in my mind. The race started at 7 am Friday morning. The finished 29 hr. 28 minutes, and 190 miles later in Sandpoint, ID. Me and my oldest were volunteers at exchange 30 in Old Town, ID (I'd never heard of it before). Our shift was from 4 am to 11 am. My two oldest wanted to run with their dad at some point. We decided to head up to Silverwood and meet them, ride the rollercoaster and then run with Thomas. We got on the coaster about 2 am. It was pretty fun. The kids wanted to go back again. Thomas' leg was one after the coaster so we waited and the kids took turns riding their bike along with Thomas on his 7 mile run. It was about 3 am when he started that leg. They didn't get to ride too long because we had to get to our exchange by 4 am. The kids slept the rest of the morning. I sat out in the cold (54 degrees, it had been 100 only12 hours earlier). As the teams came through we checked them off. It was an insane thing to do but we sure had fun.




5 comments:

gogokari said...

That's some nice photoshopping, Weaver! I think that we should be the bike "support team" next year. We would be incredibly supportive and dependable and whatnot.
Kari

Cami said...

Oh My Gosh! That sounds insane!!!! That sounds like sooo much fun though! You should have told me about it and I could have done it with you guys! Oh well, maybe next year! Love the pics.

~ Cami

Sharon said...

Wow! What a fun way to spend the weekend!

The Hendricks Family said...

Wow that is crazy. I am glad you had fun. There is a smiliar race around here called the Ragnar and several people from the neighborhood did it.

Sara K. said...

Thank goodness our husbands spent the La Jolla years in the library/engineering buildings. Had they discovered their adventurous sides together we'd still be living at Mesa!